Saturday, August 31, 2013

At last... Petition for Fiancee Approved

This is my first entry about this ... I'm very very happy - ecstatic is the more apt description if only words can describe it... a couple of days ago I just came back from Manila to the Maldives. Said yet another painful "see-you-soon" to the love of my life. The woes of a Long Distance Relationship (LDR).

The flight back was long and exhausting - not to mention delayed and frustrating. As if to add insult to the injury of a broken heart.

To better understand, let's backtrack to 4 and a half months ago. April 8, 2013. The love of my life, we'll call him "Tiger", during our vacation in Bali Indonesia, after a year and 9 months, 5 countries, 15 dives, 6 trips to see each other, God knows how many miles traveled; finally got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. To which I obviously agreed to.

The day after, he presented me with the completed documents for our 129f application - the Petition for a foreign fiance/e. My industrious beau had already filled out all the forms and left the signature for me.
For more information about Fiance/e Visas to the US, please click here

As soon as we bid our "see-you-soon" - with tears in my eyes yet again at the Changi International Airport in Singapore (me going back to the Maldives and him heading back home to Hawai'i), he filed our documents to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility.

We received the first notification (NOA1) within a week that our application has been received, that was around April 25. Between that time and now.. it just has been a long dreadful wait. Until a couple of days ago.

Yet another dreadful "see-you-soon", this time coming from Manila, with my Tiger heading to Japan. After two weeks of vacationing and diving together, my heart is just filled with longing. And just as separation anxiety and depression started to kick in, after a wait of 4 months and 3 days, I received the most wonderfully unexpected email from Tiger. Our petition has been approved! Thank God, His timing is always perfect!


Tiger will be in Japan for the next 3 weeks, he will not be able to check his mail yet. He will be calling them to see what they can give him while he's away, in another week he will call the National Visa Center (NVC) to check if our case has a Manila Case Number (MCN) and has been forwarded to the Embassy in Manila already. In the meantime, I start to prepare the other documents I know I will need when I finally go for my  interview.

One of the important documents required for an immigrant applicant is a Police Certificate from a country where one have stayed for more than 6 months, after the age of 16.
I have been a working resident of the Maldives since September 2011, and for anyone who has this same case you may find more information about application for Maldivian Police Certificate here.

The journey goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment